Here are the simple steps for Router Setup. The 2Wire routers are one of the most popular routers brands in the marketplace. If you bought a 2wire router then you can configure the 192.168.1.254 follow the steps below to Router setup on your device.
Every Router has private IP address, try to login with Default Username and Password
Steps To 2Wire Router Setup
This 2Wire router usually comes with a power adapter, an Internet cable, a telephone cable, and a pamphlet or CD manual. Here are the simple steps for 192.168.l.254 setting up a 2wire router on your device.
- Click and hold to the Reset button of the router settings which is located on the front or back of the default IP address about a minute.
- You can connect the router to a computer with numbered ports at the back of your 2wire Wireless router or into the LAN port to access router and then on your system.
- After connecting a 2wire router to the computer. You just verify that you’re getting a Link LED which poops up the number that resembles the port which you plugged the computer into.
- Now Open a web browser. Then type http:// 192.168.l.254 into the “Address” bar above in the browser.
- There you can see a “User Name” and “Password” screen. There you can type default username admin/blank and type admin/blank as the default password, then click OK.
- After entering the right login details, you’ll immediately be taken to your 2Wire’s configuration settings
- Here you have to “Enable” wireless interface. And then recommended changing your router’s brand name (SSID) to name which you prefer.
- You need to untick the “SSID Broadcast” which helps to hide your wireless internet connection with https://192.168.1.254
- Be sure that “Wireless Security” is enabled. Now Click on “Authentication Type”. There is a default security option like WPA-PSK & WPA2-PSK.
- Now you need to check the “Use Customer Wireless Security key”. Now Enter the key and Save all changes
Simply follow the steps provided for the Router Setup. If you get any message saying that the connection has failed, then simply repeat the above steps, and make sure that all the settings with https://192.168.1.254 are all correct.