You can change your router password very easily by using this process below. Here is the simple process to change Router IP address Password. This Process will help you to change your router password without deleting all your other router’s admin panel settings.
Every single Router has private IP address, try to login router admin panel with Default Username/Password on 192.168.1.254
Steps To Change Router Password:
- Firstly, Open your router’s configuration page. Now enter the router address which will probably be like 192.168.1.254. The address is user-friendly.
- The Netgear users can directly login to https://192.168.l.254 and can easily check there router’s brand documentation and find out the address to access router.
- If you can’t access router address, then directly go through Windows Command Prompt and click Windows key + R, by typing cmd you can return to the configuration page.
- There you can type ipconfig and press enter. Now you can look at the ‘default gateway’ address, which is in the format of router ip address 192.168.l.254
- Next, you need to enter your router’s admin panel username and password. Now you can find How to change Password in your settings or administration.
- There you can simply change your old password and can create a unique password.
Now you can simply change your router password from its default value and make it more secure by using this simple steps given above.