If you change the password for the router or enable your password with the username admin. Then you can simply recover the router password by using this process with ip address 192.168.1.254. The recovery process of router password is supported in all web browsers like Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome browsers but this is not in Safari browser.
Every Router has private IP address, you can try to login with Default Username/Password on 192.168.1.254.
How To Recover Router Password
There are many methods to recover router password. Here I will explain to you the simple solutions to your problem. And here are the Methods to recover router password easily.
DEFAULT ROUTER USERNAME AND PASSWORD:
- There will be a default username and password for every router which is specified in the documentation of the router.
- There will be a default Router username and password which are provided on a label of the router along with the router’s serial number and login address.
- By using this you can simply recover router password. If they are not provided we have given the list of default usernames and passwords list. You can check out below.
ROUTER USERNAME AND PASSWORD DATABASE:
Here is the list of default router username and password in our database.
Router Brand Login IP Username Password
3Com 192.168.1.1 admin admin
Belkin 192.168.2.1 admin admin
BenQ 192.168.1.1 admin admin
D-Link 192.168.0.1 admin admin
Digicom 192.168.1.254 admin michelangelo
Digicom 192.168.1.254 user password
Linksys 192.168.1.1 admin admin
Netgear 192.168.0.1 admin password
Sitecom 192.168.0.1 admin admin
Sitecom 192.168.0.1 sitecom admin
Thomson 192.168.1.254 user user
US Robotics 192.168.1.1 admin admin
RESET YOUR ROUTER:
- If Option 1 and 2 don’t work, you can choose solution 3 which is reset the router.
- By resetting your router you may lose all your configuration changes which are done on network settings, parental controls, and also custom passwords on the tp link router.
- Now you need to press the reset button and hold it up to 10 seconds. When you release the button the router resets itself.
- You may require a narrow object like a bent paperclip or another long which helps to press the reset button and hold it. After resetting you can log in with default username and password.
FORWARD PORTS WITHOUT USING A PASSWORD:
- It all the three options don’t work then you can directly forward the port without using a password with the help of Universal Plug and Play (UPnP).
- If your router application supports automatic forwarding of ports UPnP setting along with the port configuration.
- NAT-PMP also establishes network address translation settings of the router. UPnP PortMapper enables router and helps you to forward any ports without using a password.
You can follow the solutions and helps you to Recover Router Password in a simple way. You have to just follow the above process to recover your router password.