The following provided information will guide you in setting up your Linksys Wireless routers to communicate with each other. Linksys Router also recommends the reset router Point WAP11 or the WAP54G instead of dual routers setup. Here is the easy way to set up the Linksys router.
Every Router has private Internet Protocol address, try to login with Default Username and Password
Steps To Linksys Router Setup
Here is the simple and easy process to setup Linksys router with 192.168.1.254. Follow these steps for Linksys router setup.
- On the default IP address, you need to hold the Reset button which is located on the front or back of the router setup for about one minute. You can use a paperclip to hold on the button for router settings.
- Now Connect a computer to the numbered ports at the back of your Linksys Wireless router or into the LAN port to configure router and then power on the computer.
- After connecting Linksys to the computer. You just verify that you’re getting a Link LED that resemble the port which you plugged the computer into.
- Now Open a web browser. Then enter http://192.168.l.254 into the “Address” bar above.
- There you can see a “User Name” and “Password” screen. There you can type default username admin and type admin as the default password, then click OK.
- Then the Linksys setup page appears. There you can click the DHCP tab.
- On this tab, you need to click Disable under DHCP Server. Now Click on Apply button to Continue.
- After that Click on the Setup tab on the top. Then change the IP Address to the 192.168.1.254 IP with the other routers IP subnet.
- After changing default IP Address you can click on Apply button. Now You can access the Linksys Wireless router via https://192.168.l.254
This is an easy process to Linksys Router Setup. Using this IP address, one can easily access router settings and options of the Linksys router. After the setup, It will eventually give access to the administrator to use the internet through the Linksys router.